Monday, November 9, 2020

Book Review: "Broken" By Jenny Lawson



One of the greatest gifts you can give others is humor!

Broken is one such book that makes light of an extremely difficult situation in addressing mental illness, depression, and a recent experiment tried and true by Jenny known as TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation).

While she discusses each topic with enthusiasm and grace she's also open and honest to explore the realm of possibilities with her readers which brings them to their knees in a level of understanding that's second to none.

She explores so many topics including her own marital issues, her insurance claims, her life in a light that's all her own but in a way that paves the way for acceptance for the new norm is changing daily.

As a person who was told she was hyper active in grade school so much so my own mother pondered the joys of ADD meds and whether in the early 70's to provide to her kids and as an adult whose still being told she talks too much and is too loud-I applaud you.

For years I've been convinced I'm simply surrounded by A-hats but also that sugar is not my friend and certainly not as a pre-diabetic with similar auto immune disorders including severe anemia (microcytic hypochromic and auto immune -HUS-fatal blood disorder) so I do get the memory loss in my late 40's and do get the vitamins (low potassium -raise your hands) and so much more.

I can relate on many levels and I applaud her for writing about her struggles and her triumphs.

It's never easy and yet she does so with such dignity, respect, and honor.

Thank you to Jenny, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment