Saturday, July 25, 2020

Book Review: "Emancipated Love Junkie" By Rachel Wilshusen


First and foremost thank you to the author for this early copy of Emancipated Love Junkie.

When I first was notified via Goodreads email of her request for my review -I thought to myself -she doesn't know it yet but we have so much more in common than she realizes.

As a young impressionable teen with low self confidence I myself suffered similar issues anxiety and eating disorders with not just food but with my own self worth and value.

There were many of these similarities that played out here and as other reviewers noted you felt like you were reading but also listening to your best friend tell you her story and offering sound advice-because she lived it and found a way to overcome.

Her success is our success because of her ability to be raw, real, and honest. The truth shall set you free and while she discussed an early age of childhood to mid age adulthood the reality is that she's a work in progress like many of us are to this day too.

It is astounding to see her struggles, her triumphs, her pain but also her love, her joys, her happiness that exudes off the pages and into your heart.

This is not a chick lit, but a self help, with carefully placed inspirational notes to go along with the flow of the reading material.

Eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia are no laughing matter and it pained me to see such a beautiful woman struggling with such grief.

As the story was told from her own words -she moved me -to also look within myself- and process what was dealt with many years earlier as a teen model in a business that was very catty and cut throat.

I'll never forget being told at 5 ft 8in tall at a whopping 115lbs to lose weight as a size four. I'm now a size 10-12 weight in at approx. 180 and I'm happy as a pig in a poke (as my pop would say.)

You truly have to get away from the numbers game and do your game. You are the author of your next work. Whether it's in telling your story or inspiring others or working at selling cupcakes around the world -this is your time to shine and shine she is!

Thank you Rachel as I had no idea what I would uncover or how I'd feel revisiting some past memories of being forced to be a 'stick figure' as we grow and mature we realize we are all beautiful in our own way. God never made any mistakes.

Trust, believe, inspire, shine!

Congratulations to you on your pregnancy, on this book baby, and on your newfound hopes dreams and relationships.

I for one couldn't be more proud of you because I've been there at that place in not listening to our own bodies, depriving it of the nutrients needed, and in learning that there's a whole other world ripe with experiences to enjoy beyond self image and self deprivation. Ed's be gone for good!

Much love to you and everyone who reads this wonderful new work!

No comments:

Post a Comment