Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Book Review:"Five Days" By Wes Moore

First and foremost," Thank you Wes Moore" for serving our country and putting your life on the line so that we can enjoy our personal freedoms.

This book should be on every roster in every class, library, and public forum as it deeply showcases the pain, the hurt, the unsettling aftermath of not only racism but racial profiling and the loss of so many valuable citizens of these United States.


I cannot tell you how saddened this makes me feel not only as a young white American former middle class individual but as an educated Masters degree woman who didn't have to deal with the bigotry, the animosity, the ridicule, and the obnoxious egotistical ways on the scale you have simply based on race, class,& ethnicity.


I'm a woman who was beat down, silenced by the masses, smeared, threatened,abused in every form, & even told by judges I'm not credible nor believable; told my civil attorneys that I deserved to be abused & told I'm just a stay at home mother but it 's still not the same.


There shouldn't be one law, one human race, one dignified and united front.
Sadly, legislation and justice is slow in the making but please don't ever give up. I've been fighting the good fight myself against domestic violence, pfa reform, and malignant narcissism awareness.


It's not easy. It's exhausting. It's full of haters, bots, trolls, and negative toxic individuals.
Yet, you must know your voice and the voices of others are what motivate change. It's your word, your truths, your story to be told.


I Thank you for telling this story and I pray with you that change will be swift, fast, and safely administered because countless lives are at stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment