Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Book Review: "Girl, Serpent Thorn" By Melissa Bashardoust

Come on in, step outside your comfort zone, walk with me to the other side...

Folks, this isn't your typical romance, or YA teen heart throb read but rather a mix of culture, female intuition, sexual orientation, and acceptance.

What appears to take on this mystical feel surrounded by a non-Western spin involving a Persian culture woven into this embrace with enticing fanatical characters that want you to be a part of their worldly action.

To form one's own path, one must love oneself, one must be open to other possibilities, and accept differences and that was evident within this interesting and unique take by Melissa Bashardoust.

I've not read any of her work before and normally don't venture out to YA often, or as often as I wish I had time for, so if one of my sisters in the review world believes this is worthy I run out to partake in the festivities.

Festive it was as well as invigorating to see strong women roles.

The only commentary I can offer up without giving away anything is to touch and or be touched is an excruciating idea...and this plays well on that theme.

Thank you to Bibliotheca for this e-read in exchange for this honest review.

As my mom used to say, Try it ya might like it....Go on now... and don't forget to pick up Girls Made of Snow and Glass as that also looks appealing.

“She had read enough stories to know that the princess and the monster were never the same. She had been alone long enough to know which one she was.”
― Melissa Bashardoust, Girl, Serpent, Thorn

“I was always afraid the poison would make me a monster, but what if trying to get rid of it makes me more of a monster than I was before?”
― Melissa Bashardoust, Girl, Serpent, Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment