Sunday, July 12, 2020

Book Review: "If the Body Allows It" By Megan Cummings

While this is a collection of shorter stories, there's one main narrative that connects them all together, with a powerful ending that truly had me inspired.

What's a baby in your eyes, what's auto immune disorder, how can you be successful through so many hardships and will love find a way to your heart?

So many questions posed within If the Body Allows It that made me cautiously reflect about where life has taken me, how to better myself, and how to grow in moving forward to my dreams.

Infidelity, and heartbreak, but also the limitations, disappointments, and the body's utter collapse even though that may be different than the mind and soul.

That physical state of being, the emotional appeal, the sense of utter longing for a connection to rid the soul of this utter loneliness.

Turning coincidence into fate and beyond.

I love this powerful new work from Megan Cummins and I will certainly keep her in my pile of author's to watch because she is quite interesting to read.
I'm glad her book baby worked out the way it was meant to be and pray her auto immune disorder is resolved.

Thank you to Megan, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment