Saturday, July 18, 2020

Book Review: "Time to Hunt" By Simon Gervais


Riveting! Emotionally taxing! Superbly crafted into exquisite dimensions!

Folks, I'm not sure what you're doing but if you've not uncovered this author, nor read his previous work, it's time you get acquainted because he's not only here to stay- but he's certainly left a mark.


Upon reading Simon's bio I couldn't help but understand why I was chilled to the bone upon completion of this read. He's extremely gifted in the counterrorism, protective operations, with twenty years in military and law enforcement -and oh baby- it shows!


I've not read,"Trained to Hunt" nor "Hunt Them Down" but I sure as hell will be after this adventure with this new book baby on tap.


It all begins with Pierce Hunt -who as you may recall-is a former Army Ranger. He's got the skills that pay those bills and of course duty calls when the CIA buzzes him for a hook up.
No-this isn't just a thrill ride- nor a one and done-oh hell no! I was literally picking up my jaw from the floor at the excitement level that literally never quit.


My main reading interests is thrillers and lately the military-spy-terrorism novels have hit home nicely. I enjoy reading them but this is on a whole new level than anything I've ever read before and there's plenty of top guns in this category.


Simon Gervais brings it home, makes you duck for cover, run for your life, and take down the bad guy all without missing a single beat.


The suspense was killing me and believe me that's unusual because I've a high energy vibrant woman.


When Hunt goes searching for his target (Jorge Ramirez) it's more than just a mission it's an all out game of cat and mouse that could turn deadly.


There's nothing more dramatic and sinful than your own team turning against you but you must ride that wave to freedom, safety, and success.


When a member of their own CIA team betrayed and was attacked from within-that's just down right NASTY!


The leak must be stopped because selling out your own is BS and not to be tolerated!
Whether the men went to restrain or protect is a question you will soon uncover while reading this powerful and galvanizing read.


If you're wondering if this has all the earmarks for the thriller of the year?--YESSSSSSSS!
Luckily, this worked great as a stand alone and trust me I'm glad nobody heard me hooting it up while I was reading because I believe I can still feel the burns...


Hot! Elusive! Dangerous!


Go on-Run-Don't walk for this newest work by Simon Gervais-you can thank me later!


Thank you immensely to Simon Gervais, his publisher Thomas & Mercer, the great 

NetGalley, and Kindle for keeping them coming in.

Till we meet again on the book trail...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment