Saturday, July 25, 2020

Book Review: "Hideaway" By Nora Roberts

Two great seeds are planted -one of love and one of vengeance -Cailtyn sadly is in the middle of it all.

This was so darn good from the word go-but suddenly lost steam-midway and never recovered.


For me the first half of this audio which was roughly 15 hours long and took me two days to get through was perfect.


It had the suspense, the mystery, the thrills, and OMG did it ever have the twist as we would assume when a ransom is placed over a child's head-a child merely playing hide and seek-that surely someone close to the family was involved but I had no idea just how close it would become.


Then it starts to go off into a different direction with career, romance, and the like of family affairs with the grandparents, the Sullivans, and more and it just felt like thrown in for good measure-WHY?


Good grief I enjoy Nora Roberts work and have read many of her books and yes more than a few are that airplane or beach read feel but this just didn't come to the level I normally expect.


Sadly, I can only give this one a three star as it's not so much the predictability as other reviewers have noted but the lack of luster and shine that I know she's capable of dishing out.


Thank you to Bibliotheca for this audio in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment