Thursday, July 2, 2020

Book Review: "Out of Body" By Jeffrey Ford

I've been waiting for a real good sci-fi type of book considering the fact I usually read way too many thrillers and not enough of some other well respected genres.

So, I was hoping this was going to be one of those books that grabbed hold and didn't let go till the end while realising it was less than 200 pages.

The fact that this didn't tickle my fancy was sad because it was good but as the judges say on AGT I was looking for that it or WOW factor to stand out among the crowd.

I'm not sure if it was the shorter version that led to my displeasure or the fact that the mystery wasn't wild enough, or perhaps more editing was in favor --but either way it was good with plenty of potential as a talented author.

This out of body experience was perpetuated with a sleep disorder type of state coupled with the fact that the characters were all whacky.

Secrets are everywhere with a new town experience on the horizon.
Those demons just don't ever give up -now do they???

Thank you to Jeffrey Ford for this insight, his intellect, and his melancholy charm.

A great read for 2020 on behalf of the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment