Thursday, July 30, 2020

Book Review: "Sorry I Missed You" By Suzy Krause

A hodge podge scenario that brings together three women and Larry (landlord) for one heck of a renter's nightmare.

Sorry I Missed You starts off with plenty of potential as these three ladies (Mackenzie, Sunna, and Maude) embark on this 'ghosted' reality from the ones they loved only to uncover the place may now be haunted.

Secrets are flying everywhere and I do mean EVERYWHERE so it becomes a little difficult to keep jumping from one to the next and back again with this plot.

Nevertheless, we have one jilted lover at the altar who is framed out as a bitter old crab who can't make new techno work for her; a sibling murder that was treated unfairly with 'anonymous tip' that seemed to just land in your lap; while the latter revolves around a woman unable to overcome failures and appreciate friends successes.

I'm not sure what to make of this other than it left me in the end saying ...WTH? Did that just happen? Why??

Ok, so there you have it ...I've seen reviewers use terminology such as Quirky, Rom-Com, Chick Lit, etc...however, it fell flat for me so for those who know my reviews I try to speak candidly and honestly.

I do hope you give this a chance as variety is the spice of life and perhaps you'll find bits and pieces you can reckon with but I'm going to leave this lovely piece at a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment