Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Book Review: "The Dilemma" By BA Paris

The Queen of Suspense has done it again in major fashion this time with a 'family thriller.'

BA Paris always manages to delight every single sense as she's not only captivating but intriguing and finds a way to mesh the two for an absolutely delightful and suspenseful read.

Right from the start we have a marital situation in which everything appears ok on the initial onset from first glance yet this happy occasion may not be truly as happy as we once thought.

That's because Marnie-her 22 yo daughter- is not in attendance and Livia is keeping a secret from Adam. 

As if we need more nail biting it turns out that something is tragically wrong and we begin to learn just how deep the riff has become between the characters.

It's insightful to learn that not all marriages are perfect and some are deeply flawed.

Yet the broken crayons still color and in this case they can still learn to love.
The Marnie secret may have grave consequences but she's not the only one with secrets in this family because Adam is also in the closet about something.
After all he spent plenty of time trying to right the wrongs and simply be present for his wife on her 40th birthday celebration.

So what could possibly ruin this most memorable time?

Ahhh! BA Paris you are sneaky...and I loved it!

BA Paris is well known as a thriller writer and in fact I fell in love with her very first book, " Behind Closed Doors" and we've become very close friends. Her first novel sent chills up and down my spine because of the 'pin point' accuracy it portrayed especially for someone who lived the fiction she depicted.

She's an absolute remarkable woman and writer whom I admire immensely as she's also a loving wife,daughter, and mother to five girls.

Just raising 5 girls deserves applause -trust me on that one- girls are not easy as I have two of my own teens.

However, this book was so well crafted, edited, and direct that you felt every spin, every twist, and every turn.

BA Paris you have a lifelong fan and I pray one day we shall meet in the USA.
While that ending was deeply troubling it was a reminder to live every day to the fullest and count those blessings.

I'll never forget all that you have done for me and my local library in not only donating books, but in participating in our book discussions and doing so at midnight your time.

When you first mentioned this new book and the direction you were taking it I knew it would be a hit and I'm so happy for your success.

You deserve it all..Congrats on a remarkable piece that I highly recommend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment