Saturday, January 18, 2020

Book Review: "Lost" By James Patterson

Enter Tommy our main guy and head of the FBI task force dealing with international crime.

His job to bring down the Russian nationals AKA Roman and Emile Rostoff.
However, to do so we must dig deeper into a human trafficking and smuggling diamonds case.

No, but seriously the rules need not apply because as we see currently in operation some feel above the law.

Sooner or later one must pay the piper and so this runs around in circles like a merry go round full of back and forth drama.

For me I can't stand nonsense like this statement," I wanted to make sure you wasn't one of them Muslim freaks always interested in blowing something up."
Once again I realize authors are trying to be 'rough and tough' in showcasing a characters dark side and I get it but it's in my opinion this type of language and commentary that has no place in our world that's already full of hatred.

Or this one, "America is the land of opportunity" referring not to employment but the crooked sale of a gun from a pawn shop for leaders of a smuggling group.

The romantic aspects have been similar to past reads in which it seemed forced, unnatural, and nothing more than a 'dirty old man' trying to get a piece of action. Obviously, leaving a reader like myself feeling sickened.

Now that ending, WTH?

One dead, one jailed, and well two more who assisted in bringing initial closure are met with a nasty fate of their own.
I got nothing...

The only way I can describe it was like driving through a snow squall and coming out on the other side not sure how the heck you made it through.

As noted, James Patterson has been hit or miss and sadly this was off target for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment