Thursday, January 9, 2020

Book Review: "Get Your Sh*t Together" By Sarah Knight

Time to declutter the mind and let loose the goose.
You got this!
Don't worry if your like me w/o employment having giving up career to raise kids unable to re-enter after nearly 20 yrs. Don't worry if you were left bankrupt, homeless, had to rug pulled out from underneath while having all assets sold w/o your knowledge.
Don't worry if your kids now have nothing because the other spouse emptied the college funds bare of 12k.
Don't worry if your kids need cars, laptops, college books, as the nickel in your pocket is shiny.
Hey after all you have nothing in savings, nor checking, nor credit, nor assets but you have you!
The idea that we can literally ignore so much is not quite feasible however, if I lived in a rainbows and roses location it might be avoidable.
For those who have lived a good life, have a partner to bounce ideas off of for supportive endeavors, who weren't left homeless with a family to support and zero child support I feel you.
For the rest of us who are in and out of the hospitals daily while struggling to breath from lung diseases with kids who were born with disabilities ....yes, well...suck it up buttercup!
Besides why aren't you working? Get a damn job!
No really this is my life and it's not getting any easier know matter how much I put my best foot forward.
I've been job searching since 2010 and have had more NO's than I care to count and this was in between court hearings, doctor appts. and the kids activities.
I get the hardships honest to God I do yet I'm still here still applying still hoping and still looking forward.
So many have asked me why I don't just give up because if you do - you lose- plus I have 3 teens depending on me to succeed.
I wish I could wave the wand, move to the Caribbean, get noticed, and have support. Heck, I wish I wasn't ghosted by every friend I know.
But I digress, getting your shit together isn't about anyone but you.
So after you leave that abuse --and survive- remember to thrive!
Don't lose sight of what's most important and prioritize using boundaries and self love.
I write the above not seeking sympathy but in showcasing one thing- those who often write self help works are usually not flying solo and often have tons of support.
Not everyone is as lucky in the breaks of life.
So please do forge ahead but do so cautiously with a clear mind and a strong focus.
Life is what you make of it except when the courts determine how much you get to live, how you should remain local for your visits, and except when ruled by court actions.
I love life....carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment