Saturday, January 18, 2020

Book Review: "Such A Fun Age" By Kiley Reid

I wish I could've felt more connected to the characters in this one but it left a sour taste in my mouth.

From the minute the 'babysitter' who is black and accused of taking a wealthy white woman's child to the latter in which that scenario led to a romance - it was just all too odd and disconnected for me.

Unbelievable pairings is more likely what I'd note in which I hoped to have an appeal especially when it concerns such important topics such as racism and economic inequalities.

While as a debut it was good writing the execution for me was lacking with more of a clinical and dispassionate feel.

The relationship between the mother and babysitter was obviously not healthy and the other issues just added problems.

Nothing in this one felt authentic because of the way the characters were presented and portrayed to the readers.

While I normally don't rate a book solely on how 'likeable' the character(s) are this one just missed the mark for me to enjoy the read.

I hope you feel differently and I hope you truly enjoy this one more than I have.

Thank you to the author for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment