Sunday, February 9, 2020

Book Review: "Cracked Up To Be" By Courtney Summers

Perfect person or Perfect Mess that's the question and the answers that result are quite troublesome.

The perfect storm is on the horizon during the junior year because nothing good comes from parties with teens, alcohol, and wild inhibitions.

The price you pay for those actions may be too much for Parker to handle as there's a budding new relationship that threatens to reveal it all.

I've never drank but I do have a neighbor who had recently hit two parked cars in front of my home.

I never was more frightened in my life to see a man my age unable to handle himself out in public.

He could barely stand when he fumbled to enter his home as I contacted the police.

So, I understand the fear, the terror, the inability to function from the flip side of this damaging circle of chaos.

I'm also aware of the situation that's an important topic in today's MeToo movement and it shouldn't just be limited to work relationships but any relationships. 

Sexual abuse is abuse and we must treat it as such and listen to women's voices not try to silence them for speaking out.

This book dealt with some touchy subjects that are not easy to address under any light so I applaud the author as this is a YA work of fiction.
Suicide is also a topic addressed here and it's sad to see those in need not get help in today's society.

Mental illness is growing at a rapid pace and it needs to be addressed. On the other side is the women who are deemed 'crazy' because the men don't want their toxic stories revealed.

So make sure you're simply not surrounding by A-Hats before diagnosing oneself or listening to the medical/psych field that'd love nothing more than to have a nation riddled on anxiety meds for a profit.

Pay to play as they say but be careful because you may just get burned.
Therapy is enforced but therapy isn't the answer for all and I've heard many horror stories in which women are taken advantage of even in therapy.

Stay safe ladies - be your own judge and jury- and know when you're being taken advantage of and whose talking from both ends.

As you can tell I enjoyed this book immensely and highly recommend for all audiences and genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment