Friday, February 21, 2020

Book Review: Stranger in the Lake By Kimberly Belle

Let me count the ways! I love thee to the depth and breadth and height. My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight. For the ends of Being and Ideal Grace. I love thee to the level of every day's.  Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. I love thee freely, as men strive for Right -Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

I start with this as a reminder that every road leads to somewhere.

Speaking of roads what a coincidence that there's this accident that happened years ago.

But lets not go there just yet because we have a marriage that's quite unique.

Is it love of money? Gold digging? Or was love truly present as we become as one?

Makes you wonder since Katherine who was the first wife died in similar circumstances as this other death in same location. 

Perhaps the lake is haunted? Or that the people using it may be just plain batty?
I'm not going to blurt out the answers but this had me spinning my top in every direction.

From near to far and everywhere in between no place is safe.
Nobody can be trusted.

This does bounce between the past and present but heck the characters are quite worth the effort.

The relationships between characters: Jax, Sienna, Chet all added a new dynamic that was superb.

Charlotte of course is wife #2 and she's got plenty to worry about and I'm not just talking death as we learn she's got a bun in the oven.
Micah the diver was also another interesting addition to the story and folks do keep an eye on him.

I'm not going to cast blame but the driver of that vehicle is part of this darkness.

Near the end I had a feeling where this was going but I happily went along for the ride and it was certainly a wild one.

Thank you to Kimberly Belle, the pub, and NetGalley for this ARC as I needed something to get my juices flowing again (reader's slump) and this worked miracles.

OH YES it DID!

Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment