Sunday, February 23, 2020

Book Review: "Truths I Never Told You" By Kelly Rimmer

Riveting, Explosive, Heartfelt Emotions!

I can't think of anything else but to say this left me speechless.

Parenting is such a difficult task for anyone much less a mother suffering from postpartum depression.

I've read many books on this topic and each time it tugs at my heartstrings because it's an added condition that really is so often not discussed and swept under.

I wish this topic was more a central focus but the way this was wrapped up into the plot was done in a manner that was remarkably unique.

It begins with Beth and her hoarder father who kept her mother's journal tucked away.

It turns out she never died in a car accident as the offspring believed and now Beth's connection is exponentially enlarged.

That ending with Patrick and the Aunt was magnificent.

Each character though flawed was relatable and vivid.

I couldn't get enough of this and hated that it all had to come to an end.

Though the end was something that we could all cheer on!

Great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment