Thursday, February 20, 2020

Book Review: "Postscript" By Cecelia Ahern

Felt contrived, labored, and struggling to force readers to connect and fall in love while breaking out the Kleenex.

I'm in the minority on this one but I just didn't feel the sincerity and the pull to read on because of the way it was written.

Granted, I didn't read the first novel so that could be the major setback but for me the story was interesting and relatable but not quite to my level of interest.

Having lost her husband, Holly decides to move on, but with a twist. She was asked to tell her story on a podcast with many users who all shared similar circumstances relating to life and death procedures and end of life stages.

One thing leads to another and we are led down this long and winding road of comfort, empathy, compassion, and ultimately the power of support and healing.

How she decides to process it all is part of the intrigue.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment