Monday, February 3, 2020

Book Review: "When We Were Vikings" By Andrew David MacDonald


Survivors of abuse and rape will be triggered by this book.

Those of us who are not used to the f-word in every sentence, the vulgar sexual exploration, the nasty relationships, the sexual finding of one's orientation may be set off here.

It wasn't anything I had expected nor would hope I ever do again but suffice to say I had to skim through faster than the norm to complete without taking a DNF.

With this said, there's a character with an obsession for vikings and goes to great lengths to appeal to his senses including jotting down what he needs to be a viking and fulfill his desires.

Vikings have a duality in their characters so you see that here -going from not so dirty- to filthy-and back to near almost norm.

I don't know what to say other than it was not my cup of tea and hopefully it may be more suitable to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment