Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Book Review: "How Quickly She Disappears" By Raymond Fleischman

Atmospheric! Remote! Intriguing?!

Well, there you have it...

I read this while waiting for my kids to exit school in the local library.

I did have some issues with the start, the mid was ok, the end not sure.

I enjoyed the fact that Elisabeth was determined to find the truth about her missing sister regardless of having to meet a killer in prison...

However, at the same token that back and forth tug is also what drove me nuts! It was like dangling a carrot, having it appear, disappear, re-appear.

I felt like I was being taken for a ride and unable to escape and it was draining.

The end really left me wondering more than having conclusive answers.

At least we learn what happened to Jacqueline but the adds on characters like Margaret just didn't work.

I wish it didn't sway back and forth and got more to the point faster as I think that would've helped overall with the appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment