Sunday, February 9, 2020

Book Review: "Thief River Falls" By Brian Freeman

What if everything you thought you knew is a lie?

How would you feel in uncovering the truth after spending so much time on the run?

Now, that I've set that scenario in motion remind yourself that nothing is as it seems and to expect the unexpected.

When you read for pleasure as lose the highly critical politically correct motives you learn to enjoy the author's writings more or so I've found.

Often, many complain but few understand that while things may seem highly unlikely it's still relative to the plot.

I loved this and was surprised by the reviews as I couldn't put this down and I flipped the pages faster than I could keep up (literally and figuratively).

The suspense was so exciting and to a whole other level for me. The characters were superb with Lisa starting off as a shell of her former self , secluded, isolated , and trying to piece together the set of circumstances that came upon her -known only as 'Dark Star'.

Yes, you guessed it I've read where one reviewer complained that the author should've came up with a better name for these tragedies...Please stop the overly critical nature and learn to have fun in reading and enjoy yourselves. For the love...

Honestly, I've read some reviewers complain why would a woman on the run with a young boy stop to eat? Why not if you have money and are hungry? I would if I left the area in question and to prevent stealing or some other dilemma from being piled on to an already struggling situation with a highly charged atmosphere.

Now the last issue might be that some feel it was all for nothing that the ending turned it all around for them in their minds.

I'm hoping they see it as an adventure, and not a loss, because we learn so much of how tricky it's to write such a book within a book.

A story in which characters develop right before your eyes. A situation in which what you thought you knew or were told was all wrong but in the end it turned out that life still goes on.

And boy oh boy life went on....

Enjoy!

Thank you to Brian, the pub, NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment