Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Book Review: "Perfect Little Children" By Sophie Hannah

This is a two fold story for me because I have mixed feelings on this one.

First, the entire premise of the book drove me nuts and by this I mean the constant source of anxiety was nonstop.

Why on Earth would anyone want to 'relentlessly pursue' a friend from the past to this extent?

It just felt forced like I had to go along with this 'stalkish' behavior to understand the plot and feel connected to the main character (s)  and I dislike that feeling.

It felt unrealistic and bat shit crazy and quite frankly that aspect didn't appeal.
The part of goodness was the writing as it flowed but it was hard to keep it all straight.

Those thrillers that make you work for entertainment in which you feel you have to be brain is rewired for the trickery,deceit, and betrayal is how it comes across.

In the end, I was asking myself do I even care about Flora? About Jeannette? About the kids involved here who are innocent?

Perhaps the idea is appealing -the idea- that you can fool some of the people some of the time- but overall it did pick up for me about mid way and I did wonder about how it would all come together.

The newborn idea was the twister that came out of nowhere in which it added more questions to the increasing drama being portrayed within the families.
The sudden knowledge of the past hurts and how it was swept under the rug (sort of speak) was revolting.

All in all it was a weird, twisted, sick game that I'm glad is over...

No comments:

Post a Comment