Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Book Review: "Everything Beautiful in Its Time" By Jenna Bush Hager

 


As a recipient of the Points of Light Award #5666 https://www.pointsoflight.org/awards/donna-m-gatcha-hines/ it's no surprise that I admire this family and everything they stand for immensely.

When I first encountered this book I snatched it up quickly because I knew it was in high demand as so many of us admire the grace, dignity, loyalty, friendship, and love this family portrays to the world.

Upon opening it up I was taken back by Jenna's Bush Hager's ability to be so sweet, tender, and empathetic with her fond remembrance of those family members that she's lost but also to the insightful impact they had upon her throughout her lifetime.

The reference to the gate of heaven and the pictures of her walking hand in hand literally tore me up as I'm not a very outwardly emotional individual but all of the personal photos were so touching and heartfelt.

You could see the love each member of the family had upon one another and the sparkle from within as they endured the storms together.

Speaking of weather and water, as a mother of three, who grew up on a lake the memories she shared with her grandfather on the lake was just lovely. I adore the cover also which speaks volumes of the 41st President we've come to love and adore.

While I was upset when much was made of some past scandals in his life I know the real deal and I see it before me.

I'm so thrilled and blessed to have been able to get an early copy of this new work as it's a beautiful tribute to a remarkable and close knit family.

No comments:

Post a Comment