Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Book Review: Musical Chairs By Amy Poeppel



Quick Witted, Razor Sharp, Quirky and Fun as Musical Chairs sets a tone all Amy's own.

Ladies and Gents this honestly was so much fun that I read it twice and not because I enjoyed it that much but because it was complex and I felt it deserved my undivided attention to all the characters.

It dealt with many hard hitting topics that were brain drain types including an elderly parent (90yo) getting married, The Forsyth Trio and the drama, a house fire, a horrible break up, and infertility with DNA as a main issue.

I can't get into the specifics but I'm so glad I read this twice as it boosted my original feelings from the original audio version to this hardcover as it's easy to miss things when you're busy with three teens coming and going all day long.

These characters are so relatable in a host of ways with each one not quite perfect but flawed and loving and downright scandalous.

It's a loving relationship that first captures the eye between Bridget and Will-so much so I kept forgetting they were only friends.

The way this book proceeds to discuss Gavin his newfound romance, the musical chamber group, the drama was plentiful.

The mid to end with the infertility, the DNA questions, the entire circle of life prospects and future endeavors was magnificent.

I'm not one for too much women's fiction but I do shy out of my safety bubble from time to time. So, if you're like me and looking for a good solid hanky pulling and or Kleenex needing, kind of read this will win you over; then look no further! BINGO!

If you're a fan of country and Garth Brooks "The Dance"- that's this book in a nutshell. Not a dry eye in the house.

Loved it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment