Sunday, September 20, 2020

Book Review: "The Death Of Vivek Oji" By Akwaeke Emezi



This was a new digital e-read that I hadn't known would forge this immediate interest and bond as it dealt with extremely heavy and sensitive topics.

The Death of Vivek Oji captured not only cultural diversity but sexual orientation, and acceptance beyond the normal inner circle situations.

What we find here is more than just a family grieving for the loss of their son Vivek, what we have here is quite more intriguing and deserving of everyone's attention.

While I had no idea when I immediately retrieved this from Netgalley that it was this intense it did have plenty of appeal and intrigue with heavy drama and flavor that never subsided.

It was an emotional, disturbing, complex read that requires much greater attention than I could've provided at the time of reading it; having not read the genre before hand; and without that level of knowledge and connection -created a bit of isolation for me.

The characters and plot were good and the writing was wonderful so please check out the other 4-5 star reviews as this one probably deserves more praise than I'm able to provide being I have a full plate of reviews (130 ARC's plus).

Thank you to the author, the pub, Netgalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment