Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Book Review: "Our House Is on Fire" By Jeanette Winter

 


Having read several books on Greta Thunberg this was sadly my least favorite.

While I enjoyed the background history, the concern over climate change, the policies and enforcement provided to create change it all just fell flat.

I love the fact a young woman wants to be the voice for change but sadly it feels like more and more people want to profit off of her actions and it's lost that immediate sense of urgency and appeal for normal citizens all around the world to join hands and collectively unite.

This for me was the perfect example of why less is sometimes more and the hope that Greta continues her activism without the spotlights and profiting can be the catalyst we all need.

Thank you to my local library for this copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment