Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Book Review: "Exciting Times" By Naoise Dolan



 “You keep describing yourself as this uniquely damaged person, when a lot of it is completely normal. I think you want to feel special - which is fair, who doesn’t - but you won’t allow yourself to feel special in a good way, so you tell yourself you’re especially bad” 

I'm not sure what to say on this other than I was confused with the characters, not feeling the action, and beyond myself bored.

Exciting Times was about an odd love triangle but for me it missed the mark and left me pondering why I bothered.

Hopefully for you it will feel more realistic and energizing but it simply didn't excite me in any sense of the imagination and certainly not one I'd remember long after the last page is turned.

Thank you to #CurbsidePickupMarathonReads for this new read courtesy of my local library. Please support them during these trying times.

No comments:

Post a Comment