Saturday, September 19, 2020

Book Review: "The Woman of a Thousand Names" By Alexandra Lapierre




Giving birth to a bastard wasn't what I had in mind for this weekend's read but sure -why not -it's Atria Books #LoveFest2020 and it's getting heated.

So, lets set the stage. After requesting multiple ARC's (10+) I received the famous email with decline.

So I decided to not get bitter but be better -after all our first lady noted,"Be Best."
In this case I spent an entire week reading every Atria Book I could including hardcover, e-reads, and email exclusives.

This was one of those lovelies via Bibliotheca and it set me up for quite a treat with 'whores' of the time and so much more.

Who knew affairs were so plentiful and spies or those labeled with the exclusive title were so elusive, exhaustive, and purposely tenacious.

The sis of Alla was one of my favorites as this had numerous characters, plots, and twists to endure throughout a lengthy novel.

Moura and Sir Robert Bruce were dynamic as a power couple during this Bolshevik Revolution and beyond.

The allure, the darkness, the horror was on full display here and it was riveting, powerful, and electric to consume.

Thank you to Bibliotheca for this exclusive e-read in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment