Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Book Review: "Anything You Say" By Christopher DiStefano

 


One of the problems with justice today is that it never looks at the totality of the circumstances. This is due in large part to a system being overwhelmed, underfunded, and lacking skilled expertise. It operates much like a business. A pay to play. A money making scheme.

The legal system here in Luzerne County in particular is deeply troubling. Take for example: The "Kids For Cash" case involving juvenile offenders and corrupt judges uses kickbacks. That was a sensational case but it's just the tip of the iceberg.

As a feminist, a seeker of justice, a truth teller and a victim/survivor of domestic violence and malignant narcissistic abuse I can tell you our family court system on the civil side leaves much to be desired. It's high case loads with non skilled individuals who seek a quick turnover rate rather than the truth.

I'd imagine it's no different on the criminal side because it's being run by the alpha males who operate from the Big Boy Network. They most certainly cover for one another and will crucify anyone else to the cross because the laws only apply to some not all citizens.

In fact, a perfect case in point: The Kingston Chief of Police admitted the elites attending a local private Catholic school are violating the law, using politics and privilege, yet they called his office to complain because he told them they can't park on the left side of North Maple Street (anytime) as the sign states. His own parking enforcement officer came on scene and told them to move their vehicles or face a fine and the principle of the school then sent a notice saying he would pay for anyone who receives a ticket. Imagine that?

See, folks this is how it works when you have power, control, and wealth that uses small town politics. They force certain citizens to plead guilty to things they don't do in order to make money off of their misfortunes, strictly penalizing those who can't afford it, while allowing wealthier elites with power free reign, and imposing stiffer sentences to those without legal representation.

My friends this is a case of a young man who was accused of a brutal murder. Christopher DiStefano was in the prime of his life. He was a college university student and sought to be a teacher.

That was before he was forced into a confession that didn't hold water much less facts.
Ironically, I came across this case not because of my own criminal justice background or operations as an intern with the Luzerne County Public Defenders Office; but actually because of a local newspaper article by the Times Leader.

That article led me to explore deeper after it noted a particular individual: Gail McGeever (spelled incorrectly in the newspaper). That's the very same Gale McGeever that I was told was a hair dresser/salon owner by her nephew whom I've since divorced. She actually still has a massage parlor in operation up in Dallas.

I knew some of the disturbing details of the Mcgeever's operations after uncovering numerous newspaper articles in the attic of her nephew's home.

However, I never knew about any criminal actions nor anything more than what was noted in these articles which only briefly stated things like, "masturbation for sale."
The mind cannot ever dream up something as far fetched as "MURDER" until I began to uncover additional names such as Christopher DiStefano and Christine and the pieces started to fall in place which led to this book.

I was floored by the allegations and alleged actions of the police and the judicial system. While I knew Luzerne County was in need of transformation and reformation I thought it was secluded to one central area and didn't extend to Lackawanna county the neighboring location of where this crime occurred back in nineteen ninety six.

What I will note without going into too much personal detail is that I lived as a kept woman/business partner. I was involved with a person who was a Jekyll and Hyde persona and for whom I believe suffers from malignant narcissism as well as other personality trait disorders however the Goldwater Rule prevents such further discussion.

The topics addressed in this book parallel much of what I've experienced in numerous ways except my matters were civil not criminal such as divorce, custody, protection from abuse orders, etc..
I'm intrigued by this story because it dealt with a woman I knew vaguely that held a lifestyle I knew nothing about that resulted in a murder on her own property that I never knew existed till now.

While I feel for those involved on both sides of this situation I cannot imagine the nightmare of being innocent but having to be forced to admit guilt via confession and be found guilty to a lesser charge of nolo contendere plea to involuntary manslaughter that carried 2 1/2 to 5 years in prison.

The facts are present but if you ignore the facts then what do you have?
The truth shall set you free but you need someone to listen to those truths.

The pictures provided in this book struck me as unusual as the crime scene looked set-up.

Who cracks open a safe, leaves no finger prints, places a safe on a massage bed when it'd be easier to crack on a hard floor, and then leaves the tools behind laid out perfectly next to the cracked safe?
WTH?

Who leaves cleaning supplies strategically placed and tools behind and tosses a few pieces of paper to make it look like a robbery?

Nothing is adding up in this case and it seems someone wanted this case to go away -FAST.
Who was her husband Robert repetitively calling in Virginia? Who was this person that was 5ft 8  to 5 ft 10 inches tall with a bigger build?

Who was this individual that was in love with a woman that didn't love him back? What kind of person would be into this type of sexual erotica?

Who was this person that was afraid to take her to a hospital or feared retribution from social peers?

Must've been someone with some mighty powerful connections, wealth, and prestige I'd say and I'm rarely wrong on assumptions.

I do hope this person's conscious weighs heavy on his soul. I pray he doesn't sleep well at night. I pray he's caught and I pray people wake up when men and women tell the truth only to be told we're not credible nor believable.

Malignant narcissism is a personality trait disorder. It's not just behavioral disorder. It can be deadly my friends.

Never discount the fact that not all those that are left behind are crazy, irrational, delusional, psychotic, bipolar, or insane.

I've said this multiple times on my own self help page but we've got to start listening to each other and understanding that the cycle will continue until the person responsible is caught and or gets professional help.

I pray nobody experiences such mental madness, anguish, guilt, shame, manipulation, coercion, intimidation, gaslighting, brain washing, and threats as so many of us have over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment