Friday, April 23, 2021

Book Review: Every Vow You Break By Peter Swanson



Talk about a harrowing experience...

Peter Swanson has almost given me a heart attack with this one.

Now, a moment of reflection because the 1st half of this book was thick sludge that required heavy editing up till the almost 200 pages mark.

Once you get past that it's smooth sailing all the way through to the end.

The pace picked up. The plot became strikingly dangerous. The characters started to look alive and moved around more often that not.

Indeed this was a nail biter and not anything I've read before which is surprising as I read a ton of thrillers.

This began with a honeymoon innocently enough but ended in a murder or two or ...
Well, don't let me get sidetracked because who would think you marry into a nightmare.. Ok, I'm raising my hand (silently) as I did this myself but kudos to Swanson for thinking of a new twist to it all.

Sure, we've all heard those horror stories...Hunny, let's go for a hike, stand near the cliff I'd like to take a picture, or how about near that waterfall, or whatever...

Oh, but nothing like this I'm sure as it certainly kept the guard up and the hair standing on edge.

I mean who hasn't made an error in judgement and had a last tryst or shall we call them a one night stand.

I haven't honestly but my ex-spouse did for not just the honeymoon but the entire 11 year marriage. LOL!

Ok, I digress - Look, Abigail isn't a gold digger. How'd she know he's a millionaire.
Ladies and Gents, we know all about the wealthy. They like to keep track of their 'assets.'

In fact, many of the elites like to brag about their wealth. They'll go online and take pics of their extravagant trips, the wealthy yachts, the luxurious cars and their gorgeous botoxed spouses with the extensive plastic surgery and all.

We know the kind and yes, I've been around the obnoxious crowd that believe their better than everyone else but did you ever wonder just what money could buy?
I mean truly buy?

How about some spyware? Some gps devices? Some tracking systems?
Well, you're getting warmer...

I can't give out too much but this was a tag team that I sure as hell never saw coming.
My ex worked a block away from the White House and mingled with the elite of every segment of society including Presidents, CIA, FBI, and more daily. It was no big deal to him.

However, when I realized who he was behind closed doors I thought of those connections and how dangerous they make an individual with toxic personality trait disorder such as malignant narcissism.

Would someone with such alluring and charming qualities turn the tide and use them against others? Would they utilize such connections to harm rather than help?

It makes one think that much harder?

Who might be watching?! It's terrifying.

What if the phones are tapped? There's also a different perspective to all this stalking?
Could someone be set up to take the bait?

We've all read books on being framed for murder but what if I said there's so much more to this idea.

How about we think along the lines of being a 'kept woman' or 'kept man.'

Perhaps that'll help you but for now it's all a bunch of love bombing, mind playing, manipulation rolling drama until one day he snaps.

Folks, been there and down that and never got the award but the boobie prize.

Oh, how I wish these types never existed as it's a scary way to live and I've been there.
Tracking miles off your vehicles, looking in the rear view, never turning on a light, always watching over your back, never walking side by side, always keeping things close to the vest, finding hidden weapons/cash/safes/documents, wondering if one day you'll be shoved down the steps and he'd tell someone I lost my balance and fell do to vertigo.

It's a constant worry when you feel others are watching and have a sense that he's perhaps sent someone to find you, trail you, and watch your every move. 

When your spouse lives states away it's an idea that isn't far fetched but I've never really seen it done like this before.

Quite unique in perspective and definitely worth the read if you can sacrifice time for the first half of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment