Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Book Review: "The Liar's Daughter "By Rona Halsall



Oh, what tangled webs we weave.

You know if at first you don't succeed try and try again.

Rona Halsall has nailed another fine thriller with The Liar's Daughter as she has me glancing over my shoulder and seeking comfort in the comforts of home.

It's not everyday that someone calls you claiming to be your blood relative that you've never heard of before and certainly not while in distress.

So you can imagine the stress, the uncertainty, the tension that was ripe as a peach, when Eva has to show up at a hospital to claim her sister and take her back home to this farm in Snowdonia.

Now, if you're thinking that this is slow then you've probably not read many books that lay the framework for an epic read as this was beautifully paced and more flavorful than my grandma's home cooked meals.

This creeped up steadily, it built suspense and intrigue, and when the time was right it hammered down at the reader like the anvil from the darkened sky.

Folks, this ain't one of those books that you go in thinking I'll know how this will end and I'll have it all figured out in my mind prior to reaching a conclusion.

This was not a foreseeable conclusion and it was fraught with plenty of wild hair raising twists and yes, I see you Judy.
I definitely see you!

I've read nearly 500 books so far this year and out of those more than 80% were probably thrillers. I read this type for the excitement level, the suspense, the intrigue, and the explosive emotional content and this had every bit of what I've come to love and admire about Rona's work.

I've read roughly 5 of the 8 books she's written to date and everyone one has been works of heart pounding satisfaction.

This newest creation was a jaw dropping element that I truly hope you too can enjoy!

Thank you to Rona, the pub -Bookouture, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment