Thursday, April 22, 2021

Book Review: "Dead Secret" By Noelle Holten

 


Noelle Holten hasn't just done it again, she walked out like a boss, and left it all on the line in a heart pounding new work that will chill every hair on your head and then some.

This should honestly come with a warning: Enter at your own risk!

Dead Secret has everything in one tightly woven book that I've been looking for these past few months.

Having been stuck in a reading slump and finding this was like winning the lottery and cashing in all in one day!

Boy, are the readers in for a treat.

It begins with this amazing plot that centers around this idea that not all serial killers are alike, and truth be told neither are all psychopaths.

In fact, when they kill they may go so far as to try to plead insanity but really it makes the notion of nurture v nature that more focalized.

You know they sometimes will say there's signs that someone is slowly fading away, going off the deep end, becoming increasing lost in the smoke and fog. 

Did someone miss those signs?

Bring in DC Maggie  and officer Lucy who have stumbled upon one hell of a domestic violence survivor.

She's battered. She's bruised. She's afraid. She's silenced.

Will she speak? Will she tell her story?

Just when you think things couldn't take another turn for the worst you brace yourself for another 'twister' coming right at you.

This time it's in the form of a triangle and some black dots.

WTH?

Ok, it may be just a tattoo, it may be a sign of violent tendencies, it may be a sign that the person has lived a life of hard knocks.

Each of these books in this series have blown me away but I'll tell you after reading this I'm going back to find the first in this series that I missed and make a date with Noelle Holten for an evening.

In fact, I love that this kept on swinging with plenty of hits, suspense, action, and non stop alluring details that I felt like being right in the heat of this blood bath.

Folks, I read more than my fair share of books a year. You know my reviews are full of niceties and in fact I personally think I worry some authors/writers because I'm a reviewer who speaks her mind.

I will tell you this - this is most certainly a must read on the eve of pub day.

I truly hope you find this review enjoyable and I can't wait to hear what you think upon reading this masterpiece by Noelle Holten.

I particularly enjoyed the nod to Sarah Hardy in the end. LOVE IT ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment