Friday, April 16, 2021

Book Review: "The House Swap" By Jo Lovett



Who doesn't love Maine? Those lovely lobsters in and around Bar Harbor was quite the treat when I went their with family years ago.

But I digress, because this is about everything else that's not on the plate.
In fact, it's about what's in the heart, mind, soul, and what's cooking for dinner. That oven is burning hot.

Let's start off with discussing these two as the most unlikely couple. James resides in London. Cassie in Maine. They meet through an online home swap site. She's into alpacas and he's into his appearance and status.

Overall, this was a solid read and was close to a four pointer but for me it was missing a level of interest, intrigue, and excitement.

While the writing was good it didn't seem to progress naturally but rather felt rushed. The romance and relationship felt contrived to me. It really became an issue of alarm when testing became a central focus especially upon missing her monthly menstrual cycle.

The result of that situation was quite unique but then again I'm speaking from experience having put the cart before the horse myself so I do get that it can happen in a certain form. Wink and Nod!

All in all I enjoyed this one and I do hope you find it enjoyable too.

Thank you to Jo Lovett, Bookouture, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment