Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Book Review: "What's Worth Keeping" By Kaya McLaren



Imagine fighting off cancer only to uncover your spouse was contemplating divorce?

Put this in the drawer of keepers - my friends- because this one will stay and linger long after the final reading.

What's Worth Keeping -takes readers on a journey to uncover the truths about what's most important in life.

Paul -the husband- is dealing with his own trauma as a police officer who is always on the front line. Amy the wife is now dealing with breast cancer and the lingering emotions of a marriage that may be in need of repair. While the daughter Carly is processing things in her own fashion.

Believe it or not I read this a few days ago while waiting for my daughter to come out of school.
I actually forgot to leave a review so I'm trying to recall from memory what I read and since I read 7-10  books per day -it's not easy.

So, bare with me as I try to recollect from the recesses of the brain -that's currently fried- from having three kids graduating in a few short months from three different schools and three various levels (college, high school, grade school) as a single mom in extreme poverty seeking ft work.

This is the book that tingles all senses as it looks into nature and the love of family that supersedes the darkness of the chaos that surrounds it.

The fact that nothing can enter a marriage without being welcomed is something many of us should address because it can't harm you if you don't allow it space to enter.

I absolutely enjoyed this read by Kaya because it takes various perspectives and addresses each characters growth, development, and fears.

A must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment