Saturday, April 17, 2021

Book Review: "Captain Sofia" By An Leysen



 I love the idea of combining Beethoven with a strong female pirate who steers her own ship and fights off the evil pirates.

However, I'm not a fan of having a mermaid without a top on and providing this book to a 4 year old to examine.

With this noted I didn't get to enjoy the classical music but I do note that my own mother is a retired Rn/Obgyn who always said the nursery babies will grow up to enjoy such music after the nurses always played it in the nursery for cognitive development.

I also could speak on behalf of using the same music and rationale for my own three babies growing up with books, cd's, movies, and cartoons all vying for the same theory.

So, while I support the notion I was a little perturbed by showcasing a strong girl but then at the same time having a mermaid missing her cover-ups because that age is when they really get inquisitive minds.

Thank you to An Leysen, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment