Monday, April 26, 2021

Book Review: "The Bookshop of Second Chances" By Jackie Fraser


 I'm still stuck in this rut of horrific books that have all felt the same way. Boy meets girl. Girl falls all over boy. Boy is an ass-hat who doesn't deserve praise much less love. They all live happily ever after.

WTH?

I'm about ready to split a gasket especially with characters that have zero chemistry and nothing but hook-ups, meet ups, casual sex escapades, and casual drug use (whatever on Earth is this)...

I don't know what is going on but I was under the assumption based on the prologue this wouldn't have profanity, drug use, sex, and would be more about a bookshop and its owner with some relationship issues.

Ladies, please save yourselves. 

Do not jump into another relationship with a player when you just got played from the last round.

STOP-Just STOP!

What I did enjoy was the setting, the initial premise, and the effort that was put forth by the author to try to save this one.

All in all I just can't recommend this nor would I request it based on the fluff factor.



No comments:

Post a Comment