Thursday, April 29, 2021

Book Review: "Sorrow And Bliss" By Meg Mason

 

What on Earth did I just read?

OMG!

Ok, well from what I can gather after about 50 pages was a long, convoluted, drawn out  storyline about marital misery, sorrow, bliss, and an extended version of how this relationship was initiated.

The problem I had was it was off in tangents  and then went into a plot about a sister having a baby. I cut the cord myself and ended this one early at this point as I couldn't see any connection to the prologue. As if somehow helping to deliver a baby will affect one's relationship with the other sister?  Awkward!

Why would the need arise to present so much fluff?

The entire story was maddening to get through and I can't blame it on the lack of editing as it just seemed like there's no point to the story if you won't discuss the actual  or alleged mental illness diagnosis with readers.

It's like travelling in circles waiting for the shoe to drop and nothing but circles appear.

Well, off to another round of praying I will exit out of this reader's slump soon.

Thank you to Meg Mason, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment