Monday, April 12, 2021

Book Review: "Bitterroot Lake" By Alicia Beckman



This was a book that has a repeated theme to past books in this same genre. A group of friends that venture out to a secluded area and find their pasts come back to haunt them. It's both a literal and figurative theme that starts extremely slow and was filled with plenty of fluff.

I prefer books that have a central theme, a specific target, a plot that leads to someplace even if that location was expected.

As a speed reader I like when novels flow and weave through the thought process without staying too long on one point or topic. One that shows a direct line to the final idea. In English class we were always taught to have the main idea, the body of the paragraph, and the closing that captures it all up and brings it all together.

This for me had too much of meaningless commentary about the setting and things that weren't really relevant to the overall idea.

So, sadly while I stuck it out I didn't enjoy it and I almost took a DNF to not waste anymore time.

I hope this can be edited better and release much of the central area as this was way too long.

Thank you for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment