Friday, April 16, 2021

Book Review: "The Marriage" By K.L. Slater



Can a prisoner ever be reformed? What about forgiveness? How about losing someone in order to restore another?

Well, if this doesn't make you think than allow me to introduce you to the, "Thriller of the Year!"

K.L. Slater has written a rollercoaster, cold, cunning, calculating, and downright brilliant piece with characters that hop off the page and keep you on your toes.

Tom is now a married man to Bridget. Just ten years ago Tom was a convicted murderer. So, what on Earth was Bridget thinking in marrying a man who is not only much older than her but also carries nothing but dead weight after murdering her own flesh and blood?

Has she lost her ever lovin' mind?

Look, no wonder Jill is off her rocker (the mother of Tom) because the apple never falls far from the tree. 
However, this entire family seems off the deep end of the pool.

What with all that's happening let's bring in Coral with a shady as 'F' past as she once dated James. No shiite! Are you kidding me?

Ok, let me tell it to you this way. Tom hit James. One and done. However, Coral was left in a precarious position herself (it's not good).

She had actually formed a relationship with Jesse at the time of his untimely death. What did go on surrounding his surmise?

What went on with Coral? Does she know more than she's telling?

What about this young boy named Ellis? Who is he? Why is he in the midst of all this madness? Can he bring something to light?

Well, as my own pop says, "You bet your duppa" he knows something is off, but what?

Wait one second Coral did have a past relationship with a guy....What was his name...Who was he connected too?
OMG! NO! He wasn't--Oh, my dear! YES, YES, HE WAS! YIKES!

Gives new meaning to, "All in the Family" now doesn't it?
Well, folks my pop had another famous mantra, I don't drink and make an arse out of myself why drink and make a bigger one.

Great advise as we follow this adventure to fruition.
Oh, my parents always wondered when I married my own narc what ever happened to all his hard earned money.

Ladies and Gents you know when money goes missing and you always feel broke yet you earn a substantial amount something has gone awry.

This is another hot topic but perhaps it's wise to start saving now. What with the economy in a recession and all - Right? Nest Egg Savings are a must these days. Just sayin'

I love this novel. I'm a fan of K.L. Slater and she's never steered me wrong. This is one of her best ones yet but I know she has more up that sleeve.

This is one you don't want to pass up. Trust me!

Thank you K.L. Slater, Bookouture, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment