Monday, March 8, 2021

Book Review: "The Girls Are All So Nice Here" By Laurie Elizabeth Flynn



If you ever hear these words," We need to talk about what we did that night." - You might want to run and hide or grab another drink and pray for the best. Either way it's not looking good.

Now folks, I love a great thriller but this had some heavy topics including rape, abortion, and the bullying that was so damn childish that I wanted to scream.

Put a fork in me I'm done is how this one made me feel because it was all over the place. Way too much, the dual timelines of now and then was maddening, and that ending had to be read a few times for me to truly grasp it all.

Perhaps it's just me but this whole idea that "The girls are all so nice here, especially my roommate" is hog-wash.

First off AMB (aka Amrosia) is a lying scoundrel who married Adrian but messed around with another fella back in the heyday of college life.

Ladies, we all know we can be catty if you push the right buttons but look - pitting two gals against each other who are narcissists is asking for trouble. PS. no guy is worth the effort.
If someone sent me these BS messages I'd tell 'em to go pound sand. Not be persuaded to go meet people I don't have a hill of beans of interest in after ten years.

It reminds me of my college friend who slept around and then tried to get me to cover for her. Then fast forward and it's our 10 year reunion and she is head master of ceremonies when she was the low life central (non popular gal) in high school. That magnetism of popularity wasn't my thing then nor now and I refused to pay $25 for a plate of ziti in a bar setting when I don't drink -but I digress....

This is about these three girls who are mean as all holy hell.
Two pregnancies...Wait what???

Momma told you not to get in a tizzy because she was pregnant at 19 years old and hasn't anyone learned anything....

Yes, but Flora's situation was different and I can't speak for her absence.
Affairs of the heart, hormones raging, tempers flaring, emotions running high leads to drinking, sex, and death.

Ok, got it now go get this book and see for yourself how a good mind f-d book will give your heart palpitations.

Thank you to Simon and Schuster, Laurie Elizabeth Flynn, NetGalley, Amazon Kindle, Goodreads Giveaway for this exclusive ARC (print version) and E-digital read.

No comments:

Post a Comment