Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Book Review: "A Good Day For Chardonnay" By Darynda Jones



How do I love thee, let me count the ways....

More of this please, fill this gal's cup-0verflow!

This just keeps getting better with Darynda Jones in full force showing us whose boss!

A Good Day For Chardonnay starts off easy enough with a few rascally critters-namely a raccoon-but by the end of it we have brawl fights, former lovers quarrels, a stabbing victim, an abduction, long ago hidden memories that submerge to the forefront and paternity questions in play.

I'm not sure how I can do this justice in this short amount of time but suffice to say this gem was a blessing to receive as I'm a huge fan.

If you've read the first novel in this series -A Bad Day for Sunshine than you know what to expect but turn that dial all the way because this one is ramped up to the gills.
Sunshine is at it again as full time sheriff and coffee guzzler in the small towns of New Mexico. The local distiller -Levi- is on her radar as the bad boy but he's actually the missing puzzle piece to her nightmares or her dreams - after all, he's hot to trot with those abs ...
I'm sorry I was saying....

Oh, right back to the review- Look, there's plenty to wet your appetite here with wonderful plot twists and chilling thrills that will bowl you over or land you in the hospital.
Either way you're in good hands with Quince, Levi, and Sun -Yes, indeed! Trust me on that one!

In fact, I'm sworn to secrecy with the spoilers but I'll tell you money talks and bs walks and sometimes they steal and snatch individuals and necklaces and some will die protecting it all and one another.

One last thought for the day, "Denial is a glorious thing."
My friends don't walk but run to get this gem!

Thank you to Darynda Jones, St. Martin's Press, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

Ps. I can't wait to see what Darynda is cooking up next with that fine glass of wine....Count me in!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment