Sunday, January 31, 2021

Book Review: "The Betrayal" By Terry Lynn Thomas



What does every wife whose ever been cheated on wish to say- Terry Lynn Thomas - help us out here: "Find yourself a nice young wife who will stroke your ego and put up with your relentless bullshit."

Alrighty Then- Enter sarcasm- Olivia has just been charged for the murder of her husband Richard's mistress- Sandy.
Are you kidding me?? What? How?

Surely, she has the video of them in the sheets but why would she kill a woman she's never met?
Why not just divorce his pitiful self?
Clearly, she's being set up right Brian-Attorney for hire?

Wait-What? Olivia's credit card was used for the purchase of a beach rental property in which the body was found?
Bull crap.

Now, we fight like hell because someone clearly wants Olivia to suffer.
But, who and why?

Or is this anger misdirected her way for a completely different reason?

Speak of the devil, where's Richard?
I realize he's busy (hell they always are) but he has to know something more?
By the way there's something else mixed up here with a pregnancy and more than one...One is a grandchild but the other is....

Oh, no you don't....
"I was blind with love and full of optimism."

Well, that never lasts now does it?
"Never again would Olivia make that mistake."

I should hope not -we ladies do live and learn.

Which brings me to my next discussion Claire vs. David (Denny's partner). He seems to follow the lead of the others. Do these men have a playbook or what?
Denny is Olivia/Richard's daughter who now finds herself in familiar territory. Luckily, family comes first in more than one way and so too does support.

Thankfully, she exits out but not without some fireworks within her own failed relationship with David (Mr. Sociopath) who thinks rules need not apply.

"Listen, you bitch, that's blackmail. You don't know who you're messing with." Isn't this what they all say. Oh, but Claire (hired attorney) does know and she's not backing down.
You Go Girl!
Here comes Richard.
"You won't like it. Trust me. You should consider-"
No, thanks.
"Okay. I'll sign."

And with that for the first time in her life Olivia was free without a grand plan but with love in her heart for what the future holds.

My only regret readers is that I didn't read this sooner.

I have over 200 ARC's and I try to get to them all prior to pub dates and this one fell through the cracks but it wasn't because I didn't want to read -just that I was overwhelmed with requests for reviews this past year and into the New Year.

This was so good I honestly wouldn't mind reading it again -perhaps with a buddy this time.

It's a must read thriller!

Thank you to Terry Lynn Thomas, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment