Saturday, January 9, 2021

Book Review: "Local Woman Missing" By Mary Kubica



When you simply know too much...

My word, hold on to your seats as Mary Kubica is back in action with this powerful new read -Local Woman Missing.
This isn't all about one woman...Oh no! It's about a local woman, a missing child, and another woman who go missing all around similar timeframes.

Speaking of time-this goes back 11 years-to present weaving a tale as old as time in creating a spooky, scary, deeply troubling mystery.

It seems a local woman is missing but that's not all because we have a number of situations in play with affairs, pregnancies, miscarriages, deaths, kidnappings, and efforts to silence them all.

If you're like me you love a great mystery/thriller/suspense genre and this one touches each of those classifications with ease, grace, and dignity.

Mary Kubica is someone I've enjoyed reading for many years and every new book is like being a kid in a candy shop. I couldn't wait to crack this one open the minute I got word I was approved via Netgalley.

The plot thickens, the characters are active and engaged, the setting is magnificent and that ending was superb! I'm still shaking from it all as the tension builds, the darkness crept into the night, the allure of mystery was spellbinding.
Bea and Kate are one hell of an item but ladies Kate may just be pregnant and that may be quite the dramatic change for these two.

Meredith is a doula and works hard for her money but perhaps with today's new standards in medicine and malpractice can be frightening. Covid 19 is even scarier and the prospects can be damning if not done correctly. Lives are at stake but so too is mental fatigue, exhaustion, and incompetence. One mistake is all it takes and it's over!
Keep that in mind because with every turn of the plot we see more twists. It's a spider web that sucks in its victims. Meredith is all too familiar in how quickly things escalate.

In fact she's been receiving alarming texts that note,"I know what you did. I hope you die."

Well, alrighty then!
NO, seriously STOP!!!

Perhaps affairs aren't where it's all at...Perhaps there's more to it.

Like, really I love animals but not roadkill if you get my drift.
Ok, look I have neighbors who have alcohol addictions. It's frightening to have them commit dui's right in front of my nose.
Speaking of which much of the action in this case happens to close to home. I mean really it's right under their noses. So, for the detective sleuths out there keep those magnifying glasses handy when reading this one.

You'll be drawn in from the first page as the time frame jumps around with multiple friends and loved ones. You'll want to stay up all night reading this one.

Oh, and by golly look whose here-Cassandra -pray tell-what does she have to say?

I'm sure she has plenty to say but we also have Bea and Meredith who are an unlikely pairing if ever there was one.
Why are they now in the picture together and what can they offer up?

I mentioned earlier about Meredith helping woman but she truly goes all out. Literally and figuratively. That willingness may just cost her something precious.

I see so much danger up ahead but I wish I could give you more clues to how this ends.

Till death do us part is an oath I took seriously when I married but not everyone feels the same.

Safe to say Josh is quite the hero of this story....in more ways than one!

Delilah -girl-you stood your ground-I'm so proud of you! Survival of the fittest.

If you've ever found yourself with a dilemma remember there's two roads to take the option is at the bequest of the owner.

Kill, hide, or stay together....that's all I got to say!
LOVE this gem by Mary Kubica.

It's been an absolute joy to read this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

I literally have over 200 ARC's to read and I selected this one to be amongst by top reads for this year!

I'll certainly be staying tuned to what's next from Kubica!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment