Sunday, January 17, 2021

Book Review: "The Hunting Wives" By May Cobb



Emotions run high! Flabbergasted! Jaw dropping!

Imagine moving to Texas with a motto -Everything is bigger in Texas- and uncovering a death of a young woman in her prime.
Now, imagine -Abby- was only 17 yo. with her whole future ahead for her and Brad (Jill's son).

They were an item dating but it seems eyes stray and so does the heart and mind.
In fact, Brad was quite a special guy taking the hearts to two women at once.
Before, I go off on that tangent let's discuss Sophie O'Neill -our main character- and her hubby Graham with their son Jake.

Isn't it something that Margot Banks is a social elite of this exclusive 'Hunting Wives' club and lucky Sophie she was able to join in on the fun, the drinking, the group chats, and the games- Spin the Bottle.

You see those games are quite intriguing and even more so when you blackout from drinking but I wouldn't know as a non drinker -I'm only a messenger aka reviewer.
Abby meanwhile had quite a dilemma on her plate. She's young. She's nieve. She's in deep trouble.

So deep that she turns up dead near Margot's lake and on Margot's land near their shooting range.

Good Grief!
Now, what!

Let me tell you my only complaint is that I didn't swoop this novel up sooner but I had unfortunately become bogged down having over 200 Arc's to review. I received this glorious copy in November and I'm kicking myself I didn't stop everything and read this one -Immediately! My Bad!

We all must learn from our mistakes. Speaking of which where is Margot?
Has anyone seen her?

I have an odd feeling she'll turn up when we least expect. In fact, Sophie has just uncovered some alarming information and turns to Jill to unleash the truths.
However, Jill is ...

Well, she's busy as she's Brad's mother and she's a bit taken back by the recent change of events and the immediate aftermath.

I'm not an alarmist but folks please watch your back.
This one is dangerous! Proceed with caution!

Oh, snap-Jill is.... Wait...What? Another text is arriving to Sophie and she's gone to speak to Jill.

Callie, Oh my Callie- She must be able to help us?!
Thing's are getting scary here on the home front...

"Get rid of her" is what Margot sent to Brad via text but why?
"Stick to the story" --Good idea!

I have to run -this is alarming! A gunman may be on the loose. A restraining order may be necessary to maintain the peace.

More lives are at stake...

Tension building is superb. May Cobb has blown me away. I now bow down!

This is a must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment