Monday, January 18, 2021

Book Review: "Control All Fears" By Michael Dyson

Michael Dyson is the author of Control all Fears and provides readers with 5 simplistic ways to control fear, reduce stress levels, and ultimately avoid PTSD.



The topic of effectively dealing with aggression and violence was one of his many specialties which he builds upon for his reading audience.

While I appreciated his precise situations in law enforcement his encounters are not typical of normal citizens and while I understand the train of thought in controlling one's mind under stress it's not relatable to a police officer facing down the barrel of a gun or broom as the case may be by violent protesters, by criminal elements, by mentally challenged or suicidal individuals.

I'm also the type of person who finds a difference between aggressive and being assertive as many women I know today are viewed as the latter in speaking out against violence much of which stems from a certain category of toxic individuals like the white supremacists and or those in positions of authority over women.

As a survivor of malignant narcissistic former spouse as well as the founder of my own self help site dealing with the same I can assure you that the -Me, Me,Me mindset is alive and well and this benefit to one is ruining not only our country but our relations with others and terrorizing those who must then feel the wrath often behind closed doors or out of the spotlight.

I'll be honest as I selected to read this because of my past history with these toxic individuals and I found this book to be speaking to one rather than to many.

Mr. Dyson has an interesting past but in writing the exclusion rather than inclusion kept me at bay. The cover selection has the opposite appeal of what I'd hope would be a book seeking to help others in healing and providing a sense of unity rather than further division amongst us.

No comments:

Post a Comment