Thursday, January 28, 2021

Book Review: "Happy Singles Day" By Ann Marie Walker



Celebrating Single Day in Style!!

I started this journey with a bathtub full of hot water and I was so engaged that the water evaporated and I honestly couldn't care less to refill the tub, lol.
Is that wrong of me?

Oh, baby Kindle was cooking with this one on the burner.
Happy Singles Day has arrived with so much gusto that I couldn't turn away from the perky Paige who has become the perfect organizer of your dreams while the new candidate was a Bed and Breakfast heart throb complete with Maddie his beautiful 5 year old love of his life.

Yet, there's so much between the sheets as they say.
Paige booked the room but Lucas booked their future together.

My word, the relationship between these characters including Maddie, the puppies, the extended family members gave you a sense of personal belonging, an inclusion, a seat at the table that I literally felt like part of the family when it was finished.

I wanted to share in the fun, engage with their friends, partake in every festivity, and laugh till our hearts content.
From heartache to heartbreak to a fine blend of romance and pure enjoyment.

I can't speak for anyone else but when I read my fellow reviewers I see a common theme: complaints. Not likeable, too a-typical, too misogynistic, too forced, too opposite.

I've also noticed since the start of this year that many are just way too judgmental, too strict, too moody, and too uptight and I'm not sure if it's because of the world we live in, the pandemic, the stressors of the day, or the lack of sunlight in the winter months.

I've found if I go into a book without preconceived notions, without reading the blurbs, without reading the reviews, or even the intro, it goes much smoother and I'm able to enjoy the book that much more.

Respect is something I deeply admire in my fellow reviewer/blogger friends and I've often took their reviews with glaring positivity but lately I've not felt the same way they have.

Don't forget to enjoy life and just have fun and laugh it up! We can't change the world but we can be more empathetic, loving, and kind. These are book babies that take years to develop so remember this when leaving reviews.
Walk around, get some fresh air, go out star gazing, and love yourself.

With this noted, I had so many similar trains of thought with singlehood, motherhood, and loss of a loved one that I was taken back to a more peaceful time Pre-Covid.

The discussion about Paige's mom is where I shall go: "I think she underestimated the personal price she would pay when she agreed with my father's plan for her to stay home with the kids."

"It's also why I've promised myself that I will never rearrange my life for a man."

Ironically, been there, done that, have the scars to prove it.
I suppose you never thought you'd hear "Breaking in the bed" used to describe a situation with the boss riding a fiance but here we go...

YIKES!

I'm going to leave my readers with this to ponder and I hope my fellow reviewers take breaks from time to time to recoup, replenish, renew themselves:
"Maybe what you need is to let your guard down."
"Sometimes you just have to eat cake out of the box."
Life goes on my friends -make the best of it!

Sending love to all those who need it tonight.

Thank you to Ann Marie Walker, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

Love one another-we out!

No comments:

Post a Comment