Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Book Review: "The Contamination of the Earth" By Francois Jarrige


Weighted and extremely heavy material that was hard to process in the manner in which it deserves.

This reminds me of the current state of political warfare and how it's one side v the other with each having produced these lengthy versions of their view points but nobody has time for that extensive research and insight to understand and grasps the concepts which are conveniently pushed forward for approval without any discussion.

Over the years I've read a number of really good and enlightening reads on pollution& contamination and the systematic destruction of our planet but nothing compared to this 1800-to current approach which was quite detailed with numerous illustrations to showcase the mounting evidence for their claims.

While I don't deny the claims it was just way too much for a light, airy, informative read that I was hoping for on a weekday having had numerous other commitments that also required my undivided attention.

This book would be excellent if you had the numerous days or weeks to devote to it and appreciate it more fully.

However, as a speed reader, unpaid blogger/reviewer/writer with over 120 ARC's awaiting my attention I couldn't possibly provide the attention this book baby deserves.

Thank you to the authors, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle as I hope this book finds the appropriate reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment