Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Book Review: "My Darling" By Amanda Robson



This was one of those books that ended abruptly and when it was over I pondered about what I just read with that weird neighbor appeal.

It was twisty, had plenty of drama, but I really wasn't as invested as I'd hoped to be and I'm not sure as to why.
I had to read other reviewers notes to figure out something logical to even put here so that it made sense because I'm in the fog with this one.

What I can note based on my readings is that Tomas is a cheating hubby. Emma is an abuse victim. Alister is Emma's bestie with a secret boyfriend in the mix. Heather is Allister's ex wife.

With this mentioned the fact that Tomas is dead is a shocker but surely it may have something to do with the notion that he may have been messing around and with someone who you least likely would expect in this tight knit group.

For me it was too all over the place with a weird ending that just didn't sit well.

Thank you to Amanda, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle as some books are hit or miss but I would like to try this author's work again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment