Thursday, August 6, 2020

Book Review: "The Kingdom of Liars" By Nick Martell



Royal family with a self serving dictatorship...

Now where did I hear that before???

No, really this was written back in 2018 when the novel sold in January with availability in 2020.
So, I have to give mad props for the effort especially during college -because we all know college is never a breeze.

With this noted, I couldn't fall in love with the characters, the plot, or the belief in what was trying to be portrayed here.

The author notes,"there’s a magic system that costs memories to use, a shattered moon that has pieces of it fall from the sky, an emerging civil war between magic and gunpowder, and plenty of secrets to discover."

True, and not everyone can be a party to such a vision and heck i'm on the borderline in terms of needing bifocals so don't judge..

Apparently, this wasn't my thing but try it and see for yourself -as the shoe may just fit-for your liking.

Thank you to Nick, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review. I'm trying my best with over 125 ARC's to get them read before the pub dates but I can only read so much.

Thank you for being patient as I'm inundated with requests from publishers, authors, and Goodreads giveaways along with Netgalley requests daily as I work for free in extreme poverty while raising three teens.

This is not easy times for anyone so I do hope everyone can find this review well and enjoy this new work.

No comments:

Post a Comment