Sunday, August 23, 2020

Book Review: "I Lie In Wait" By Amanda Brittany


Hold on...Let me get a hose...Need to put out the fire .....It's still smoldering!!

It's rare that I find a thriller such as this that captivates me from the beginning and doesn't let up but then in those hotly contested works the ending or mid level usually fall flat. Not here.
Not with these tremendously colorful characters, not with this suspenseful mastery, and certainly not with this ever growing plot.

So, you say Lark is missing ( one year ago) and Amelia must now act to bring her back?...
Amelia's first thought is to go to a Scottish cottage in the middle of nowhere and search for clues but while there she encounters a frightening female scream.
Oh, snap...Perhaps a stalker type is lurking?!

Well, whatever as I'm sure it will be solved with a few drinks or meals thereafter...
I'm sorry what?....

What's up with Jackson?

Well, jealousy and revenge are usually two motives in most crimes but I'm sure this one may just rock your world.

Thank you to Amanda for this brilliant writing, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment