Saturday, August 8, 2020

Book Review: The Only Good Indians By Stephen Graham Jones

 “We’re from where we’re from,” she says back. “Scars are part of the deal, aren’t they?”― Stephen Graham Jones, The Only Good Indians


I'll never forget the first time a stranger told me my reviews were cryptic because I like to write in a way that gives subtle hints but doesn't give up the entire plot.

With this noted, this book was similar in nature I suppose to that cryptic train of thought if you will with these 4 men who are on this elk hunt but are exposed to some supernatural forces.

It will freak you out, make you come back for more, confuse the hell out of you, and then bring you back to air dry on the wire.

The writing was good but at times I was lost as to how the author wanted me to partake in the experience.

The girl was a whole other issue as she was spooky as all hell. Gabriel's girl was quite the head spinner.

I do know that sometimes you can never win and that's the case with Crow and what we shall call the Elk Head Woman.

The herd or pack always stays together and mother elk always protects her young.

Do me a favor and honor the Crow team because they worked to shut down the defenses while showing honor, respect, dignity, and sportsmanship.

It's just the beginning my friends, not the end!..

Carry on!

Thank you to my local libraries for this score! Make sure you support your local libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment